Dr. Dobb’s provides serious developers with in-depth coverage of essential software development topics, including:
- Design – Tools and techniques in requirements, planning, design, and other pre-implementation stages
- C/C++ – Effects of new standards, tools used in C/C++ programming, and all other issues relating to building apps with these languages
- Tools – Coding tools, debuggers, linkers, testing tools, build platforms, hardware and related software products
- JVM Language – Wealth of new programming languages including Groovy, Scala, JRuby, Clojure, Fantom and Jython
- Parallel – Multicore and many core
- Mobile – iOS, Android, Microsoft Phone and Blackberry platforms
- Cloud – Tools and techniques for leveraging public and private platforms effectively in software
- Testing – Programming methodologies and tools from straightforward unit testing to complex problems like scalability stress testing to new techniques like fuzz testing
Primary Audience/Demographics (Source: 2012 IWBTN Audience Study):
- 92.7% Technical Decision-Makers [IT/IS/Networking]
- 7.3% Business Decision-Makers [Corp/LOB]
- 39.6% IT/Corporate Management
Average Monthly Traffic (Source: Omniture Jan – Dec 2012):
- 334,043 Unique visitors
- 832,640 Page views
Dr. Dobb’s Journal: Developers depend on Dr. Dobb’s Journal to provide practical solutions to real-world problems: descriptions of algorithms, specific language implementations, and edifying examples of solutions to more general programming concerns. Each issue features the authoritative perspective that Dr. Dobb’s is known for—and relied upon—in the IT community.
Dr. Dobb’s Update eNewsletter: Provides news, commentary and technical features spanning the entire software development marketplace: unbiased, objective and highly actionable information delivered to the industry’s most authoritative audience of decision makers –the software development buying team. Presented in a highly engaging format and delivered once a week to over 102,800 authoritative software development professionals, Dr. Dobb’s Update offers marketers the opportunity to influence the buying decisions of thousands of software development professionals each week. Led by Dr. Dobb’s Editor in Chief Andrew Binstock, the newsletter features the topics, content and credibility of our expert editorial team that developers crave.
Dr. Dobb’s C/C++ eNewsletter: Each month, Dr. Dobb’s offers 129,300 developers a preview of a C/C++ article scheduled to appear on DrDobbs.com, columns on the ins and outs of the languages, algorithm implementations, and the latest news, tips and tricks, videos, and tutorials. The most complete coverage of C/C++ available anywhere.