Helping Security Professionals Manage The Balance Between Protection and Access
Every day, information security professionals are challenged with two critical, yet often conflicting goals: providing broad access to data to improve business operations; and protecting business data from theft or compromise. Dark Reading’s mission is to help them manage a balance between these initiatives.
Primary Audience/Demographics Source: 2012 IWBTN Audience Study
- 86.0% Technical Decision-Makers [IT/IS/Networking]
- 14.0% Business Decision-Makers [Corp/LOB]
- 53.4% IT/Corporate Management
Average Monthly Traffic Source: Omniture Jan - Dec 2012
- 287,068 Unique visitors
- 678,479 Page views
Dark Reading Filters Out The Unnecessary “Noise” That Other Security Websites Provide
Dark Reading is a security dashboard for IT professionals who don’t have the time or the luxury of combing wirefeeds, multiple bug feeds, or vendor Websites to find out what’s new or how well it works. Here, readers will get the latest on the security industry from our crack reporting team, hear directly from trusted voices and links to the best security content across the Web.
- DR Ticker: A live feed of news headlines, DR Ticker shows the newest and latest items that have been posted on DarkReading.com.
- Security News Analysis: Dark Reading’s most popular section, News Analysis offers breaking news and the best security feature articles on the Web.
- Tech Centers: Portals to all the news, product information, technical data, and other information related to a specific topic.
- Keyhole: Sometimes breaking news, sometimes an offbeat item – Keyhole offers a quick “peek” on what’s happening in the world of IT security.
- Deep Inspection: Offers in-depth perspective on emerging topics that goes beyond what is already provided in the News Analysis section.