SAN FRANCISCO, July 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — UBM Tech announced InformationWeek and Network Computing were both recognized for editorial excellence by the American Society of Business Press Editors (ASBPE). ASBPE’s Azbee Awards of Excellence program recognizes outstanding work by business-to-business, trade, association and professional magazines and digital media.
“The ASBPE awards are among the most prestigious in the business, and this recognition is validation of our editorial team’s commitment to excellence,” said InformationWeek VP and Editor In Chief Rob Preston.
InformationWeek, the leading news and analysis media brand for business technology decision makers, won four national Azbee awards.
- National Gold Award – How To Tips/Service Blog: Chris Murphy, Editor, for: “Digital Business Requires Dose Of Humility,” “From Beer To Bureaucracy: Mobile Strategy Matters” and “Can Analytics Outperform The Machine Whisperer”
- National Silver Award – Analysis/Commentary Blog: Thomas Claburn, Editor At Large, for “Apple Embraces Free: 5 Reasons Why,” “How Google Flu Trends Blew It,” and “Keep The Web DRM-Free”
- National Silver Award -Online Technical Article: Charles Babcock, Editor At Large, for “Facebook’s Data Center: Where Likes Live”
- National Bronze Award – Original Web Commentary: Rob Preston, VP and Editor In Chief, for “Yahoo Flap Misses The Bigger Point” and “Quit Dithering On Digital Business Strategy”
InformationWeek also won three Pacific Region Gold awards.
- Original Research Article: Chris Murphy, Editor, for “Goodbye IT, Hello Digital Business”
- Enterprise News Story: Kristin Burnham, Senior Editor, for “Yahoo Recycled Emails: Users Find Security Surprises”
- Web Feature Article: Kevin Casey, Contributing Editor, for “Are You Too Old For IT?”
Network Computing, the online community for IT architects, won a Pacific Region Silver award.
- Web Feature Article: Andrew Conry-Murray, Interop Content Director, and Art Wittmann, Network Computing Contributor, for “Vendor Turf Wars”
To see the full list of ASBPE national and regional award honorees, visit: http://www.asbpe.org/azbee-awards/
ASBPE announced winners of the national awards on July 25 at the 2014 ASBPE National Conference in Chicago.