Fact: 42% of IT respondents to InformationWeek’s 2013 State of Storage Survey say they manage 100 TB or more of data. The underlying causes of storage swell are the ever increasing use of rich data and the recording of details about every digital interaction possible. As digital marketers, our need for data is like Gordon Gekko’s desire for money: unquenchable.
But our new 2013 State of Storage Survey isn’t about us as digital marketers – it’s about what IT and storage decision makers say and think when it comes to storage priorities, spending plans – and what features they want and don’t want when it comes to storage technologies.
Highlights from the study that you as marketers will find interesting:
- Replication, encryption, storage-based snapshots are the top three most important features that IT buyers consider when making storage decisions
- 58% of respondents say they are using or planning to use some form of storage virtualization
- Top 2013 planned projects include:
- 45%: Improved allocation of storage
- 40%: Improved capacity planning
- 40%: Reclaiming unused storage
- 37%: Monitoring storage utilization
- 34%: Implementing a disaster recovery plan
- 30%: Cloud storage or storage-as-a-service
The study also reveals:
- Vendors IT pros consider leaders in storage virtualization
- Vendors currently used for Tier 1 and Tier 2 storage
- Top storage concerns
- Cloud storage concerns
- Use of storage virtualization
- Extent of storage technology use
Download the full InformationWeek 2013 State of Storage Survey and find out what your customers and prospects are thinking and focused on this year.