It’s been a few weeks since I attended Online Marketing Summit. The event provided me with so much relevant information, that it took me some time to digest it all. In addition to learning, I was able to meet new people and share a little about what I was doing in my world.
In the spirit of sharing, here is what I learned from my time at Online Marketing Summit (THANK YOU speakers for dropping the knowledge!):
- Inbound marketing is going through a fundamental shift in how we relate to potential customers
- They will decide when to consume content
- Create marketing people love
- Always lead to a landing page when using social media to generate leads
- Social users shifted to visual content in 2012
- Social brought relevance and a new form of authority to search in 2012
- Social advertising helped marketers be relevant promoters in 2012
- Building or improving your visual content strategy is a key for marketing moving forward
- Content marketing is a continuous planned out process that includes strategy, research and content creation
- Buyers need content that makes them smarter & more knowledgeable
- Questions to consider when developing your content marketing strategy
- Why are you creating the content you are creating?
- Who is your audience?
- Make the content on your pages actionable, ask the user to complete your site goal
What were some of your key takeaways from Online Marketing Summit? Leave a comment below. I’d love to hear them.